Nama’a Park (Jabalia Zoo)
(Recreational, Cultural, and Educational)
About NAMA’A PARK (Jabalia zoo):
NAMA’A ZOO or Jabalia Zoo or NAMA’A Park is one of the developmental projects of the association that aims to develop the public places and parks. The park is located in Saftawi, Gaza Strip, near the Palestinian Labor Union, occupying area of 8 acres. There are fountain, grassy flats, and shadow areas for rest in the park. The park shows more than 100 types of animals, predators, pets, and birds. There are hiking trails without stairs for the people who move by wheelchairs and strollers.
NAMA’A PARK (Jabalia zoo) Goals:
- Keeping groups of animals in decent living conditions in order to preserve rare animals far from extinction, with focusing on the local animals of Gaza.
- Conducting educational and guiding activities and workshops that encourage people to keep the nature in healthy status. Also, to increase awareness to the issue of nature quality and to the importance of the existence of the animals.
- Conducting theoretical & practical research in biology and veterinary medicine.
- To convert the park to a vital tourists site.
Every day from 8 AM to 11 PM, the visitors can enter before 11 PM by an hour.
- Children (1-14 years old) 2 NIS/ticket.
- Adults (above 14 years old) 3 NIS/ticket.
Gaza Strip, Al Jalaa St., Saftawi, to the west of Labor Union.
Canteen & Café:
There is café and canteen in the yard of the park and in different area of the park.
For more information,
Please visit our website www.namd-pal.org or call the ground number 082877567 or mobile 0595255550.